About the Blogger. Photography. Film Reviews. Contact Me.

Dec 21, 2012

Problems

Sometimes you have to get surgery and it's something you don't want to talk about because it's not a big deal...

But then everyone asks what you're doing over Christmas break and why don't you want to hang out and why are you going home for so long when that's sooo lame?

And you can blow them off in a vague sort of way that makes you seem anti-social and/or uncool OR you can make everyone uncomfortable by telling them...

"I'm having a surgery."
"Oh no! I'm so sorry! What kind of surgery."
"Nothing major...Just having a cyst removed, no big deal."
"Oh...like, what kind of cyst?"
"Just on my tailbone...you know..."
"Oh...."

When I would like to be like, "I have a pilonidal cyst...You know what that means? No? Well they are actually quite common but if you don't know what it is and don't care to know we can leave it at that. If you like gorey details I can explain further...and no I won't be showing anyone the scar afterwards. PS I already had this surgery back in Feburary but was better at hiding things back then."

And even though you don't really want anyone to know you sort of do when you're getting emails and calls and you just want to be like, "I am hyped up on vicodine because my rear end was cut up, rearranged, sewn up and handed back to me so give me a few days to get back to you!"

At the same time you desperately want everyone to call/email and tell you how wonderful and beautiful and normal you are and that everyone will love you no matter how many scars are on your butt.


Then because I AM lucky I have gotten loving calls, texts, and books in the mail and goldfish and a snuggly blanket and new sweatpants.

so it's all good.

No comments: