About the Blogger. Photography. Film Reviews. Contact Me.

Feb 1, 2009

isn't dead really just alive?

Oh, Saturday.

I am watching the Eukanuba AKC dog show and actually enjoying it.
Some childhood things never die.

Went to Gloria's for the first time since last Winter semester. They've expanded and spiffed up the place. But I kind of miss the tiny cramped space, with the cheesy decorations, and the extra setting in the attic with glow-in-the-dark stars on the slanted ceiling.
Also, our waiter's name was Goose. Seriously.

I live on the second floor and Campus Plaza is set up in such a way that there are two squares of concrete walk way connected together. Which is really convenient for...scootering! So we watch our friends go scootering along and then they stop at our door, "Want a ride?" (Keep in mind we are talking Razor scooters) Long story short, we hopped on their backs and went scootering along piggy-back style and it miraculously didn't end in Alyssa or I toppling over the railing and down to the first floor. It was quite exciting, actually.

Then, listened to good music after waiting for ages in the cold. By the end of the concert I was spacing out harcore and thinking of different ways I could frame shots of the crowd. Film is the only thing I seem to be able to even remotely focus on right now.

Being at Velour made me miss the Jacobs and dancing crazy at concerts.

Got to see Mr. Dungbeetle again! I really miss the old soundtrack though. Sigur Ros was perfect for the "flying" part, and really touched me the first time, so it was weird not to have that again. But it's so good. I am, however, terrified of Schizophrenia...Nothing else makes me feel quite as vulnerable as mental illnesses it bothers me that people can loose control of their minds. It's the most tragic thing I can think of. But I am so grateful for Tom and how he portrayed it. Basically, they need to get this movie distributed so everyone else can see it!!

The Russell boys are amazing musicians and I would marry into that family in a heartbeat. For the first time in my life I was okay listening to country. And I really appreciate the Sufjan-y vibes they gave off. I just keep listening to Elizabeth over and over.

I was reading over my old livejournal to see what I said about Mr. Dungbeetle the first time I say it and I came across an entry from when I found out Doug had lung cancer. And what a horrible experience it is knowing someone you love dearly is dying slowly...And loosing their hair.
I ran away to Italy and when I came home he looked so much better. And I wanted to cry I was so happy. But, I never seem to be able to cry when I want to.

Once I cried for about two/three hours straight. I just couldn't stop. Half of the time in front of complete strangers including this boy who looked like Luke Wilson in Royal Tenebaums. The second half in the car with my mom, who bought me fries and a grilled cheese sandwich to make me feel better. It was the most embarassing thing ever.

But it is so amazing what people can create when they experience great tragedies.
Now, I should go to bed before I feel anymore emotions today. ha.

No comments: