About the Blogger. Photography. Film Reviews. Contact Me.

Jan 4, 2009

it's a long story...

I have had an interesting weekend, to say the least.

Spent New Year's Day cramming things into bags, weighing bags, and breaking zippers.
But, I fit my life into three, under 50 lbs, bags. (Okay, 3 bags and another three carry-on bags) Went to beb around 1. Woke up at 4.45.

Beautiful, wonderful, Iz and her sister picked us up. So far everything has gone off without a hitch.
Then...we drop off Evann and head to our house, that we were supposed to move into.

Well, Iz told me it was cute when she checked it out three weeks ago. And I 100% believe her. But, unfortunately, when we got there it was completely trashed. Girls hadn't moved out yet and Naigra Falls was spouting out of the roof of Elizabeth's room. The beds weren't constructed. And well...I will stop the description there.

So we left my bags and headed to Salt Lake for the night. On the way there it struck all three of us, that the two of us should not live there.

The night consisted of scouring the BYU off campus housing ads and craigslist and calling every single one that had 2 openings. We switched off and on who was calling and Olivia pretended to be Elizabeth and then I answered someone calling back and pretended to be Elizabeth and the whole thing made me question my idenity.

So, by the end of it we have some options and have successfully mocked every name of any housing establishment.
"Well, I am not living in anything that doesn't end in -shire or -ton"
"Foxwoods?" "Oh no! That's Foxwoods II! It's the shady one behind Foxwoods."
"Which one is the Branbury?" (few minutes later) "What about the Branbury?" (later) "have we looked at the Branbury?"
"Where's Campus Plaza?" "Right by campus" "Oh, that makes sense" (next day) "Where's Campus Plaza?"

I fell asleep at 9 and didn't wake up for 12 hours.

A small problem is realized. While we have signed no contracts with the original house, our stuff is there. Plans to sneak in during the early morning and get it back are formed. Ironically, on our way down Hilary called to ask me what my address in Utah was.

After a hasty exit and an almost asthma attack, we're in the clear. All our stuff is in E's car and we contemplate what on Earth we're doing with our lives. With an hour before our appointment at Campus Plaza, we drove up and down every street south of campus and I called the numbers on any "for rent" signs we saw. Also saw a large van for sale and considered that. And living above a denistry, which I think would've been awesome.

Show up at Campus Plaza where we are welcomed with open arms. It's a little small, but quite frankly, it'll do nicely. The office closed at 1. So we signed the deal, moved our bags in, and headed to India Palace to celebrate.

"I love the sauce they put on this..."
"Honey?"
"Oh. I was thinking that it was sticky..."
"...and sweet? Yeah, I think that's honey."

Then back to SLC to hang out. I went to IKEA for the first time!
I've driven from SLC to Provo three times in two days. But after all that I have a home with almost no time to spare! and am going to unpack later today.

No comments: