About the Blogger. Photography. Film Reviews. Contact Me.

Jun 6, 2008

you're probably in the top three best looking on the street (depending on the street)

Job searching still. I've stopped expecting anything to happen it's like I'm filling out applications and throwing them off a cliff. Which would be a much cooler image.

So yesterday I went back to m'alma mater dear old South Salem High School, which is older than my parents. First of all, they changed the floors so they clash with the walls. Lovely. Second of all, I got attacked by a Sophmore who I obviously made some sort of impression on last year. And another who somehow convinced me to go to Jamba Juice with her. Ha. But it was good...I mean, it's always nice to feel like a celebrity whether it's deserved or not.

Important of all, I talked to Mrs. Boderman. Possibly the most amazing human on this planet. She teaches band to a bunch of highschoolers with varying degrees of caring. She takes the band everywhere from Hawaii to Australia and they're going to China this year. Sidenote on that: She was like, "yeah, we were thinking about taking you to China because Shira had to drop out, but we got Elizabeth to go." Daaaang. Granted it's good Elizabeth got to go, but I would have loved to go and it sounds like Shira had already paid a big deposit and it would have been for free or cheap. Oh well. Back to Boder. She genuinely cares about everyone and was always willing to talk about anything (yesterday we talked for about 2.5 hours). She's got great advice about everything. Oh and she's won the state championship something like 15 times (and currently 6 in a row).

I don't often get nostalgic but I am going through old emails and I want to be in love again...Dunno why thought because I always screw it up. But there's something so magical about the begining. When it's new and exciting and you use the term "we" and you call each other all sorts of affectionate things and every touch is magical. And the deep, genuine, being absolutely crazy about each other. And I can never see that for all it's goodness until it's over, dangit. K, sorry, the girliness will stop now.

Also visited Mr. Woodsy (oh, he wants to be called Rob now). And he met me with a large hug, which is funny because he's such a flamboyant germ-phobe. We discussed everything from movies to Utah landscape to of course Shakespeare. He's a great guy. Another example of people who like me excessively for no reason. He always brings up the ridiculous version of Romeo and Juliet Maire and I did with reverse roles (Romecia and Julio).

I don't know why, but it really helps to just talk about things aloud sometimes. Even things I had only ever told one person and had decided to never talk about again. Because when you have people you can trust you who love you you should really take advantage of that.

So...yeah.

No comments: