About the Blogger. Photography. Film Reviews. Contact Me.

Jun 1, 2008

When I wrap my arms around you, every mistake we made crumbles.

Hugs are quite difficult things sometimes. It seems like there are often too many arms for a smooth hug-transaction to occur. Futher complication comes when you don't know where to aim with your arms. Some people like the near-strangling 'round the neck hugs. Others with the more centered around the waist hugs. Sometimes both people aim for the same spot and the arms block each other. You have to manuever so one person arms are above the others.

I am often a victim of the awkward-side-hug-that-causes-loss-of-balance hug. Maybe I just have no sense of balance, but often, especially when wearing heels, I end up in a hug that literally knocks me off my feet. Quite wonderful in the enthusiasm level, but leaves me feeling a little disoriented.

I think its easiest if someone just goes for it and grabs the other person and pins their arms to their side. Problem solved.

One of the most awkward is the hug where the other person smooshes their face against yours. This seems to be common among the older generation.

My personal favorite...Which I can only sometimes get away with is the run-and-jump-into-the-other-person's-arms-hug. This often ends badly if the other person was not prepared or has a weak back. Can easily lead to landing on the floor.

Some people give really great hugs though, and I give major props to those people.

No comments: