About the Blogger. Photography. Film Reviews. Contact Me.

May 31, 2008

it's surprisingly sweet

Funny enough, doing crunches when you have a sore stomach does NOT make it feel better. But boy did it make me feel hardcore.

Wasn't going to leave the house today but my dad told me to go to Caleb's soccer game with him.
Parents and soccer games are hilarious and here is why:
I go to grab a chair..
Dad: We only need two, I don't need a chair
Me: Oh, so you're one of those parents who stands and yells from the sidelines?
Dad: [no response]
Me: So, is the team pretty good?
Dad: They don't play to their potential
This is where I began to realize this was serious business.

Turns out my dad kind of co-coaches so it wasn't so weird, but before I found this out I just kind of stared at him as he stood in the middle of the warm-up.
So then my mom shows up 1/4 way through and she gets all gaspy. "Oh no! I hate when they put him in the goal, it's so stressful."

Also, my dad said he had nightmares about John Travolta dancing last night.

Then I didn't want to leave the house andgot on the tredmill but Hilary called just as I was walking to warm up and Aaron called just as I was walking to cool down and both wanted to hang out. So I met Aaron at the park, which is what we do because it's in our neighborhood. And we complained for about two hours about how no one would hire us because we're college and leaving after the summer but how being in college means we're smart enough to handle any sort of summer job. Then he said he needed to do something for Matt his bff who was coming back tonight...In half an hour. We went to his house and ate some cake (it was SO good) and brainstormed. I told him to write a song, but then we found out we really had an hour so I suggested we make a movie. So we did. And Hilary showed up as we began and it was a montage of ridiculousness as Aaron mistinterpreted the postcard Matt had sent him because it was full of flowerly words. I made everyone put on bandanas and cowboy hats so basically he scampered around flamboyantly and talked in a crazy old west accent. Basically it was what I imagine Brokeback Mountain to be like (joke).
The good news was I laughed harder than I have since I've been home. The bad news is I was a horrible camera person because I was shaking.

Then the three of us came up with a brilliant idea for a creepy movie that I will not post here because some internet theif could snatch it. But I've been typing up our brainstorming ideas while typing this and playing scrabble and listening to music. I enjoy multitasking.

1 comment:

Katie Marie said...

I love our parents. I can only imagine the fun!