About the Blogger. Photography. Film Reviews. Contact Me.

Apr 10, 2010

Once upon a time I had a roommate named Elizabeth, or Iz as I sometimes called her. Or E. as she went by often. Before her I had grown up on my older brother's music and wasn't a fan of much of anyone with a female voice who wasn't singing about garages or ghosts taking flight.
Well, she played a lot of girly music when we were in Italy and not only did I grow to like it, it now brings back great memories and also a satisfying achy nostalgia.

Anyway, I'd like to introduce you to A Fine Frenzy. A lot of her stuff is very, very similar. But it resonates me at certain, usually emotional or Iz-missing, moments in my life. Lately, I've been on a kick. The lyrics are good in an emotional way.

We need things that are cathartic. It's good for you.




he and i had something beautiful
but so dysfunctional it couldn't last
i loved him so
but i let him go
'cause i knew he'd never love me back.



it's one hundred and nine degrees
in this crowded room,
no room to breathe
with walls as cold as a gallery
this is no place for me

such hard faces set in smoke,
the smell lingers in my clothes,
it's a bad night to be alone
but that's the way it goes,




like an apple on a tree
hiding out behind the leaves
I was difficult to reach
but you picked me



Should've known you'd give me trouble
almost lovers always do.

1 comment:

Alena said...

Almost lover is my favorite. Def, can relate to the lyrics. Good choice Lauren, good choice :)