About the Blogger. Photography. Film Reviews. Contact Me.

Oct 10, 2009

re-cap

I love my life...Because in one day I managed to

.Change my mind 32 times
.Go to the wrong classroom for 185
.Learn about mulit-camera directing
.Carry around a flag that said, "Hooray for the Everyday" with my 114 lab.
.Lay in the grass in the sun and discuss life
.Break my camera :(
.Go to the Asian market
.Go to Smith's and spontaneously dance in the aisle
.Have a conversation with an apparently drunk man (who was buying liquor AND beer). He asked me if I had a lot of kids
.Throw a surprise engagement party
.Invent a game (Pin The Ring on Melanie's Finger, which was beautifully illustrated by Kels)
.Sort of fail at the surprise part of the surprise party
.See many wonderful friends
.Make Moroccan Tagine which included learning what a butternut squash looks like on the outside.
.Eat Chicago style pizza, baked ziti, Arroz con leche, bratwurst and potatoes, and Moroccan Tagine with Cous Cous
.Convinced Dan to kiss Jennie on the forehead (which he happened to do, on the rooftop, and I desperately wish I had been there)
.Let people borrow our table, which I almost fell over this morning because they just left it in front of our door....

Then Yesterday
.Went to an amazing forum for all film students.
I want to take a moment and talk about what an incredible experience this was. It was just an hour of going over procedures that they are changing, but there was something crazy in the air. When you have 100-200 (have I ever told you how I absolutely CANNOT estimate numbers, like, I have no concept of how numbers relate to actual things..) or so creative people in one room, there is just this sort of tension. But a wonderful kind of tension. I loved it. And I was looking down the rows thinking how much I LOVE so many of these people. I love the people in 185, I love the people about to graduate, I love the people who are never going to graduate, I love the faculty (some more than others). I have loads of great friends, but right now most of them are in the film program, and it was just nice to have everyone in the same room, just sitting, instead of running around on a film set, or passing in a hurry in the hfac.

After that was free sandwiches at Dew, which is in fact open again, for lunches. I'll be working there Tues,Thurs,Sat. Yummy Red Curry Pulled Pork sandwiches! And three different curry rice boxes.

Speaking of food, have you been to Sensuous Sandwich? SO good. I want to make a commercial for them. Okay, so I've only had the chicken sandwich, The Satisfier, but it is delicious. Always leaves me smiling and satisfied. And the weird wall decorations and horrible country music blasting? Just adds to the atmosphere.

I just realized I had THREE sandwiches on Thursday, because that night I had grilled cheese (thanks, Willem!) Also had a ridiculous conversation that consisted of me and someone who was in another room yelling at each other.

Wednesday I decided I love photography. I got my slides back and they look so so so good. I think I love slides. The colors in them are amazing. So, of course, after I decide I'm in love with photography, my camera breaks. :'(

Which sort of brings us up to date on my life.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

gurrrrrl.
i luv u.
mor than u no.
;)

Jennie said...

now, what were you changing your mind about 32 times?
and who was counting --- you or someone else?

:)