About the Blogger. Photography. Film Reviews. Contact Me.

Jun 19, 2009

Reasons I Love My Job

The food is amazing.
This is what's really important, right?
90% of the plates come back licked clean.
We've been open for two weeks and people have already been back three times.
Everything is fresh and hand-made from recipes invented by the owners.
And everything I've tasted has been phenom...addicting even.

It looks good.
IKEA inspired, the interior is a classic black and wood with subtle red accents. There are awesome framed prints hanging on one wall and a chalkboard with specials on the other.
The food itself is garnished with bright and beautiful vegetables and arranged in an aesthetically pleasing manner. In fact, it looks good enough to eat.

My name is on the chalkboard.
under the heading The Cool People Who Make Rooster. yesss.

Boba!!!
I have been addicted to Boba drinks from first taste. I about had a heart attack when I discovered there was a place that sold it in Provo (and that I was living right above it). Something about slurping giant tapioca balls through an oversized straw just brings great joy to my soul. And with flavors like Honeydew, Red Bean, Kiwi, and Avocado, you really can't go wrong (oh, there are normal flavors too, but what fun is that?)

The People
You know it's going to be good when most people you work with are from the west coast. But I really enjoy all the people Who Make Rooster Cool. And between family dinners and team dishwashing we've had lots of time to get to know each other.

The people who come in are wonderfully chill and amiable. Indie kids and suave goatee bearing hairdressers. Families and couples. Groups of friends. People by themselves just wanting good food. I've only encountered a few people who haven't wanted to strike up brief conversation.

I don't have to sit in a chair all day.
Quite the opposite, in fact. Even if I am exhausted at the end of the day, it's refreshing that the time passes easily because I'm always doing something.


Seriously, if you are in the Provo area come check us out.
Rooster DNB
163 North University Avenue
the cool part of Provo.

No comments: