About the Blogger. Photography. Film Reviews. Contact Me.

May 10, 2009

i learned how to love them, dear mother, from you


I often go walking in meadows of clovers
and I gather armfuls of blossoms of blue
I gather the blossoms the whole meadow over
dear mother all flowers remind me of you

this is a primary (aka where they wrangle the young kids at church) song that they sang for all of us today. it is one of my favourites. even better, as an activity they did a mad-lib to it.

a little kid ran up to his mom after church and handed her a card that ended with
dear mother all butts remind me of you

I often go sleeping in meadows of dogs. And I run armfuls of blossoms of green. I die the rings the whole stew over. Dear mother, all chickens remind me of you.
Love your Christopher Columbus,
Caleb

It's a good thing most mothers have a sense of humor.

I truly believe that a good mother can do more for the world than anyone in any other profession.

I love my mom because she is a stunning woman who always goes above and beyond whatever she is called to do.
When she was a primary leader she built a time machine so she could bring shepherds back from the Bible to talk about Jesus' birth.
She performs magic tricks with her fingers.
She plans a book club and plants flowers.
She didn't hesitate to buy me ice cream and gummi bears.
She tells me exactly what I need to hear, even if it's offensive (ha).
She decorates the house for every holiday, no matter how minor.
She'll bust out in dance moves in the living room.
Whenever she learns something new she'll incorporate it into conversations at least five times that day.
She makes a mean curry.
She's been to Jamaica.
She's a good sport.
Sometimes she says tv show names wrong.
She loves playing the movie quote game.
She got really excited when Spock had a cameo in the Star Trek movie...
(more on Star Trek, next)

the 'rents managed to steal a snog during tyler's wedding as well.
okay, the photog told them to do it. but cute, nonetheless.

family=love

No comments: