About the Blogger. Photography. Film Reviews. Contact Me.

Apr 24, 2009

waiting

Q: What is worse than waiting to hear back about your application to the film program?
A: When everyone else has already found out!!

Yesterday I went to a good-bye breakfast next door and come back to facebook statuses from people who had been accepted in the program. With a gasp of anticipation I make my way to my email.

Nothing.

I wasn't too panicked, because I had heard tell of this happening to people, but all I could think was...Why me!?!!?

So after some mutterings of frustration I decide to read the Screwtape Letters outside where an old man carrying a dozen or so glasses filled with water smiles and says, "You look so relaxed."

I held back a laugh.


Elizabeth and I decided that going out was in order. So we hit up some shops with Melanie.

Including a dollar store (where we should not be allowed) and Big Lots where we purchased a new friend...

Introducing Gregory Garden Gnome
(he has already been stolen once, as is the fate of many gnomes)
Amelie pictures coming soon.

And then to eat at a very adorable place called Sammy's.
The service was less than great.

Everything was made with love...or corn.


we got back, and still no email.

to be continued...




previously on Notes About Nothing....
we left you in a difficult spot...Wondering, would Lauren get into the film program??? Something she has been dying to achieve for a year.

So, I get home and decide to email the office. Something like, "um, everyone else heard back...can I know too?"

I gave up checking at 5pm, because that's when the office closes. Conveniently Gilmore Girls was on television and Elizabeth and I each chose a couch and sprawled out. After a while I decided I was cold and needed a blanket. I passed by my computer and saw that my minimized email tab read Gmail - Inbox (1). I panicked and clicked....

Congratulations! Your application to the Media Arts program has been reviewed and we are pleased to accept you as a Media Arts Major.

And then I screamed in a most girly way. Elizabeth ran in and joined in on the screaming. Then Alyssa came in from the back "What is going on??"

I spent most of the day bouncing around. I even jumped on our couches, which amazingly didn't kill them. I was going to do a victory dance but got cut off by Melanie coming home.

The reactions I got from other people where even better than my initial happiness...

Melanie ran up the stairs and hugged me 1/2 dozen times.
I told my dad first and he goes, "Yay!!" This is my father we're talking about...And he yay'ed.
My mum was all, "just let me know when you're nominated for an Oscar so I have time to find a dress."
Taylor was brilliant and let me tell him twice because he was not adequately excited the first time. "Wait, do you have some exciting news?"
Olivia cried.
Texts were filled with congratulations in ALL CAPS and exclamation points!!

and I was just happy that I finally got what I've been working towards for ages. It was one year exactly from when I got accepted that I officially declared my major as Pre-Media Arts.
I am SO glad to be done with that stupid "Pre"

Now when people ask what my major is I don't have to be like, "well, I'm applying" or "I want to study film" or any of that.

Celebration included:

and also a showing of Marley and Me
because ice cream + gummi bears + puppies = my most favourite things

oh, and remember that necklace i was going to wear until i got in?



and there's still more to come.

4 comments:

Katie Marie said...

Beyond excited for YOU!!!! Can't wait to see all the amazing things you will create.

Lindsey said...

Swweet :0)
Enjoy your Major

Black Forest Gummy Bears are :0)

Alyssa said...

love you. love that you're in your major. you are amazing!

Alena said...

Dude, CONGRATULATIONS!! sorry I'm reading this so much later, but I'm happy for you! Have a wonderful summer Ms.Media Arts Major!
~Alena

p.s. because you like random things, the word verification code to post this comment is lancini...lol sounds italian. you should make a movie with a character by that name haha