About the Blogger. Photography. Film Reviews. Contact Me.

Apr 6, 2009

did you forget?

yesterday was possibly one of the strangest days of my life.

I started crying while reading a book about caterpillars. Seriously...caterpillars. I didn't cry while watching the Notebook or Titanic. But I shed tears for the sake of Yellow and Stripe.

But they fall in love, and it's beautiful, and it has one of the exact themes I am trying to get at with the screenplay I'm currently writing.

Also, I really don't understand why people in relationships hurt each other all the time. I am not going to say boys are lame, because girls do it too. But seriously? We've got to stop hurting each other. If you love someone, be gentle with them. And if you don't love them. DON'T PRETEND LIKE YOU DO.

I know there are misinterpretations and what-not. I think most of us have assumed things that weren't there or accidentally led someone on. But when you tell someone you love them to your face, you sure-as-hell better mean it.

Ahem, I will now step off the soapbox of love.

Yesterday three people told me I have an interesting style (they meant it as a compliment) and I was watching Elizabeth sort her clothes and there is a beautiful pattern/reasoning/consistency in her wardrobe. As though someone could actually pick something out that she might like and have a good chance of success. I look at my clothes and there is no rhyme or reason to anything that I choose to wear. Which is okay, because I like unpredictability, but I am beginning to wonder if there will ever be consistency in anything in my life.
Probably not.

Lucky moment of the day: I did not have to present a poem in Italian because he completely skipped over our group. So, no faking of laryngitis was necessary.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Dear Lauren,

I'm so glad you blog and so constantly talk about being in love with someone or something--so I don't feel entirely ridiculous...

I've decided that life is worth being really passionate about. And people are worth being passionate about. And love. and the combination thereof. And if you're going to love someone, you should love them well. ... unfortunately, not everyone has learned this.

Just because I'm sure you're wondering at this PRECISE moment (along with anyone else that follows your blog), as I write this I'm stalking this beautiful boy in the library. The one in my ward I've been working up the courage to talk to for MONTHS. He just fell asleep. Tee hee hee.

Kelsie Lynn said...

Jennie, i do wonders when it comes to giving subtle hints to silly boys who dont get the picture that my friend likes them. so err.. my serves are available- free of charge!

Lauren, would you care to join me in another era?

ps. your new picture header is supa great.