About the Blogger. Photography. Film Reviews. Contact Me.

Mar 1, 2009

the things i brought you when i found out

To answer Lindsey's question. The header picture is from the set of a short student film that...

IS PREMIERING THIS WEDNESDAY IN THE JKB. 8pm. Come see it [if you're in Provo]!!
I am crossing my fingers that there aren't any continuity issues that will make me feel bad about myself.
Note about the picture: we painted those walls that color blue. ;)

Now that that's out of the way.

Yesterday I woke up to Melanie saying, "hey Lauren, want to go to the waffle breakfast."
Today I woke up to Melanie saying, "hey Lauren, Liz went to the hospital so we're going to pray for her."

My roommate, Liz, always thinks of other people and bettering herself. She runs every morning, practices bassoon a couple hours a day, makes elaborate meals that are almost entirely vegetables. And always leaves nice notes for people and is constantly serving.

and...at 5:30am in the morning SHE DROVE HERSELF TO THE HOSPITAL.
Because she is insane and so considerate of others. We were all upset, because she has all of us AND a boyfriend who would have gladly taken her.
(she was way sick yesterday and this morning had a cyst removed, but she's recovering well)

But I say all this to sum up the point, that I want to be as cool as my roommates someday.
We made Liz a card and I came up with the phrase
You may have had an operation BUT you are always our INSPIRATION.
I should work for Hall-mark.
But, seriously, I don't know how such incredible people exist.

Tomorrow is Casimir Pulaski Day. And our celebration plans are epic in a Sufjany way.

Today I wore two different shoes. My indecisiveness has hit a new high. Hardly anyone noticed though (except my neighbor who yelled to me the second I walked out the door, "...you're unique, I'll give you that").

Sometimes being strange is far too liberating.

We're going to the hospital to visit her. Hospitals always bring back such interesting memories...

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Ditto to this whole post! Oh Liz. What would we do without her? :)i love you -A.