About the Blogger. Photography. Film Reviews. Contact Me.

Mar 5, 2009

i want you...to want me.

First, an anecdote about the BYU library.
I go on the website, type in "la divina commedia" BYU, which caters to foreign languages, would HAVE to have a copy of it in Italian, as I am sure every other university in the world does as well.
The computer tells me there are no copies and one on hold.
"Whatever, I will just go find another large book to use as a prop in my film, but it makes me sad/confused that they don't have it."


Go to the first row in the Italian section, find a good book. Decide to check out the other rows, just in case.
There is an ENTIRE section devoted to la divina commedia.
They've got to have at least 50 copies. Fat ones, skinny ones, short ones, tall ones, red ones, blue ones, fancy covers, falling apart covers, smelly ones, shiny ones, ANY divina commedia you could ever want.
Moral of the story: computers lie to me.


Finished shooting my creative sample. Freaking out. I need to turn my application in...in ONE WEEK.
Pitched ideas in 112 today and it was actually quite thrilling. Creativity is a wonderful blessing.
Also, I have a feeling I am going to loose all my friends once I get into this film thing full force.


The other night we tried to take off this bit of metal that prevents our sliding glass doors (which they've tried to convince us are "windows") from opening. Being stereotypical girls, we have no tools. Luckily, boys are next door. They let us borrow a screwdriver and when that didn't work pliers and a pocket knife that included just about everything. The problem is...Our management is clever. They filed down the screws in such a way that you can't get them to turn!! What trickeration (to use a word my Humanities teacher loves). So we were out of luck.


Helped with casting today and entertained the actresses while they waited for their turn. It is amazing how actors seem to have certain similar traits. I can't pinpoint them, but I do think you've got to have a certain persona to be good at it. Every single one asked me what I want to do specifically with film. And I admitted I don't know yet. Then Derek's girlfriend asked me too.


I secretly want to be an actress again.

1 comment:

E. said...

I think we need to stop with all this secretly stuff and Just Do It. Love out loud, you know?