About the Blogger. Photography. Film Reviews. Contact Me.

Dec 3, 2008

words are flowing out

When I got off the plane my mom was like, "Oh! I forgot to take a picture of you."
Because that is exactly what we need in the world, a picture of me after not sleep for 24 hours, spending a night in the airport, and about 16 hours travelling. And it ended up being an awkward close-up as well.

She also found a freaky poster of Edward from the Twilight movie and put it on my door where my mirror is and hung it up to try and scare me. It definately startled me when I turned expecting to see myself and instead saw a close-up, scowling, vampire head.

There are a lot of things to get used to about American life. One being that people are actually online at the same time I am. Another being that the signs around town are in English.

When thinking about how I need to go to the post office I actually sat there and tried to think of the word for flat rate box in Italian before I remembered that they would speak English to me.

This town, this time of year
Smells like nostalgia.

It's the first time I've really missed him since he left.

Sometimes I want to stand up and yell things really dramatically like in the pivotal point in a movie where the main character finally snaps. Profess my love, or have a monologue about all the ways someone has ruined my life, or have an incredible epiphany about the many uses of a pinecone. Well, maybe not that last one so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do it!
live life like a movie. Construct sappy-inspiring lines and shout them in the grocery store.

Once my grandparents came to drop something off at my apartment. And I went out to meet them at the car. and it was just a quick drop-and-run visit, nothing too important. but as they were driving away my grandpa, who is my hero, rolled down the window and yelled back to me "Brooke--live life and love with reckless abandon!"
It was probably one of my favorite moments ever.

missing people is sad sometimes. I do it too. =(

annnd i remember when I got home from Chile I felt the same way. I was greasy and haggard and had traveled across continents and oceans and 4 connecting flights. and I walked in and my mom was like "picture!!"
I came home in mid-January but they left the christmas tree up for me. so i have a picture of me looking gross and travel-worn in front of the christmas tree. haha