About the Blogger. Photography. Film Reviews. Contact Me.

Dec 10, 2008

One We Used to Know

I'm sorry, Ramble About Something Tuesday didn't happen because I was up 'til 2.30 am writing the final essays for my 0nline religion class and my heart just wasn't in it.

But, I do have something else for you in the way of
Ode to an inanimate object Wednesday

Blogs.

I know what you're thinking, You like blogs, Lauren?? We hadn't the foggiest!!

I don't know if anyone (myself included) can quite comprehend to the extent that I like blogs. I've had a blog since I was in 7th grade. Six years ago, before they were even called blogs...Back when internet was dial-up and school was uphill both ways.

In the begining I was so unreserved, so...Well, I really don't know what I was thinking. I was reading over it yesterday and it's just embarassing. Can anyone comprehend the mind of middle schoolers?? I said whatever was on my mind and updated 5 times in a half hour period (alright, I still do that sometimes).

I think blogs have been and are a good outlet for me, because I like to express myself (aka I would talk all the time if people would let me and sometimes do regardless). And with a blog I can trick myself into thinking someone is listening/reading every word and I suppose I get some sort of satisfaction out of that. Whatever it is, I haven't been able to stay away for long since I started (for whatever reason) over six years ago.

I also like to tell myself it's improving my writing, but it is probably just making it worse as I write incredibly stylized and with poor grammar.

I enjoy being a blog reader even more though. I think how people write in their blog is great insight on their personality, not to mention you get to know their thoughts on random subjects. I love it. I wish everyone I knew had a blog. Sometimes I find myself reading blogs of people I don't know and I can't decide if it's flattering or creepy. Personally, I find it flattering and worrisome if people I don't know read this, because I am sure they have something much better to be doing with their lives.

The worst is when you go to tell someone a story and they cut you off, "Oh--I already read that on your blog."

So from now on I am only going to post really boring stories on here.
Who am I kidding? I've never told a boring story in my life!

(I almost typed kissing instead of kidding, that'd be a great expression. Who am I kissing?!!)

No comments: