About the Blogger. Photography. Film Reviews. Contact Me.

Dec 7, 2008

genuine leather with manmade trim

So, Chris wrote a song, and it's really pretty. And I know what it's about and no one else does hahaha! Well, maybe three other people might know what it's about, but they probably weren't paying attention.

Today we got to listen to Heather sing and she's SO amazing, even though she was sick. And I'm really, really glad she's going to be a part of our family.

I went to church and it was great to be home. Everyone loves me and told me I looked good and that I'm amazing and intelligent and such a brilliant little world traveller and that of course I could do anything I wanted. Got lots of hugs and handshakes and fist pounds. Not that I am the type of person who loves attention or anything (ha)...But it was nice to be loved and worshipped a bit. And good to see my extended-extended family.

Sufjan Stevens. Everyone likes him. Some people (*cough*Jordan*cough*Chris*cough*my mom) think they won't like him, but once they give him a chance they do. So, if you haven't, go listen to him and you will like him, because Fact: No one can resist a down-to-earth man with a banjo and obnoxiously long song titles.
Go listen. And don't stop. I can't get sick of Casimir Pulaski Day.

Plus, his Christmas stuff is pretty. It all sounds kind of the same, but his voice is just so comfortable. Like a massage. Or a down blanket. It is so sweet and full of soul and meaning...Like a peach-mango smoothie (oh, I forgot how much I love similies).

He's real, man. Sufjan is real.

2 comments:

Jordan said...

I have Sufjan's Christmas album, and I listen to it much, and I love it.

So there.

(I don't know whether you were referring to THIS particular Jordan, but...)

L. Laws said...

Yes, you, you said you didn't like him that much when I made you that CD. Then I saw you had him on your blog musicy thing.

So good job, changing your mind. But you should have realized his amazing potential in the first place.

So there.