About the Blogger. Photography. Film Reviews. Contact Me.

Aug 6, 2008

better be prepared to be surprised.

I'm glad I live in the kind of place where fireworks go off on a Wednesday night for no reason.

I really hate the days where I come home too tired to even think. But at least it makes me feel like I'm working hard.

I love the kids I work with a lot. And this love comes in handy when there is a kid (or JC) who can't seem to talk to you without repeatedly tapping/stroking your arm or jabbing you in the stomach. Or when you are tie dying and someone squirts purple (the devil's color) on your shirt that you should have known better than to wear at camp.

But it also makes it really, really hard to see them sad or upset or struggling. There are kids that are OCD and have anxiety or other things. And there are kids where you wonder what their home life is like when you see how their parents act when they pick them up. And about 1/2 or more the kids don't have a mom or don't have a dad for whatever reason. And I really just want to scoop them up in my arms and take them home with me. Only, not really, because I can hardly take care of myself. But I do wish I had a magical power where I could wrap my arms around them and make all their problems go away.

And the amazing thing is how easily they love me back. I try and convince them I'm mean, but no one buys it. And they're always hugging me and telling me I'm pretty and amazing. And that does that do wonders for my already healthy ego.

No comments: