About the Blogger. Photography. Film Reviews. Contact Me.

Aug 1, 2008

take a chance on me

Alright blog. I vowed to write in you everyday and I intend to keep that vow. So while I am currently captive on a remote floating house I have my laptop. The internet is no where to be found but I will write and post to you when the internet is accessible once more.

So here we go, July 28, 2008

My dad informed me I’m not allowed to do any worrying for the next three days. But I can’t help but feel anxious. I know this house boat is supposed to be a pleasant escape from reality but mostly I feel trapped and concerned that we will sink or run out of supplies (despite shore being not that far off) I think I have some serious anxiety/claustrophobia issues. I just like solid ground and wide open spaces…which I think is only natural.

July 29, 2008

It’s two o’clock and I’m still in my pajamas. And that, I believe, is what vacations are really about. Since I started at camp I really haven’t slept in because I am usually doing something Saturdays and church on Sundays. I’m not advocating slothfulness but I think it’s healthy to lounge about sometimes. This floating house cannot seem to stay in one place and it’s a bit unsettling. I learned how to play Gin Rummy and consumed ¼ a sandwich and several peanut M & Ms. It reminds me of my craft services experience because they just keep putting out more and more snacks. There are 16 of us but probably enough food to feed three times that for a week. Caleb was flittering about with his swimsuit inside-out and I found that quite amusing.

I started reading the Book of Mormon in Italian (Il Libro di Mormon) and I could literally feel my eyebrows get closer and closer together because I was concentrating so hard. It’s intense stuff trying to read in other languages.

Yesterday we discovered pomegranate Tootsie Roll Pops at a small candy shop in Sisters and they were delightful.

I saw Enchanted (yes, I am aware I’m about eight months behind the rest of the world). But it was so CUTE. I feel that word is overused but I really can’t think of a better way to describe it. It was just so freaking adorable. The main girl (who I’ve only ever seen as Katy the purse girl) was so believable and sincere. And the Prince was hilarious too as he ran through the city in enormous sleeves laughing loudly and challenging people. I love Disney. But I do not find McDreamy that dreamy.

July 30, 2008

Fact: no one who watches at least 4 episodes can resist the lure of Gilmore Girls.

I am now an expert in several card games.

July 31, 2008

Attempted wakeboarding and was successful for about half a second. Would have kept trying until I got it, but it was around 7-8 o’clock at night and freezing cold.

Found this ridiculous game on my computer called Inkball. You try and herd these balls into the proper holes by drawing lines.

It is pretty stupid. Instead I would recommend
Jezzball, one of the most superior games out there.

1 comment:

Katelyn Marie said...

Lauren, we are soulmates. I freaking love jezzball. No one else know what it is. At last, my love has come along.