About the Blogger. Photography. Film Reviews. Contact Me.

Jun 3, 2008

you kiss like a rock

K, internet world, I've got big news. We're talking BIG news.

Will Arnett is going to be --shoot, I left a quesadilla on the stove--

K, So apparently he's going to be on Sesame Street as Max the Magician which would make my life a little better, but I can't find internet proof to back up the magazine my mom showed me while we were at our eye appointment. So basically it's either amazing or a figament of the drug laced eye drops they gave us.

Which, by the way, it's amazing that I'm at a computer because I can't focus so well on anything because I took my contacts out and my pupils are 50% larger than normal. So my eyes/brain will probably explode when I finish this. But things don't really explode that often [said with disappointment]. I feel like one of those crazy cross-eyed Siamese cats.

I am going to give some kudos to tredmill owning:
You can wear whatever you want, because you are running in the comfort of your own home. In gyms there is the pressure of needing to wear matching tracksuits and having your hair pulled back all nice and sporty-looking. But when running in the comfort of my own home I can bust out the 70s-esce shorts I got for $1 at the kitten thrift store. Or the monkey boxers I got for xmas. With a tanktop that doesn't match in the slightest. It is very liberating.
Also, you can watch/listen to whatever you want. I have a current running mix that includes a mash-up of Bloc Party and Madonna (Groovecopter) Paper Planes by MIA Upside Down by A-Teens because these are most excellent for run-dancing. And some others that I like to sing along to (like StD, Johnny Cash, Sufjan, TGUK). I have messed up ears that iPod headphones will not stay in, so it's nice to be able to blast music from a not-so-portable appliance. I also watch any of the following: m*a*s*h, Arrested Developement, Seinfeld. Because there is nothing better than trying to laugh and run at the same time.
Another added benefit is that it's free (for me, of course my dad paid however much for it initially) unlike the gym. But also saves you the awkwardness of running past the neighbors and getting chased by dogs.

Now I just need 5 more tredmills so I can be like OK Go.

No comments: