About the Blogger. Photography. Film Reviews. Contact Me.

Aug 18, 2012

2am nonsense.

It's 2am and instead of going to bed I've gotten thinking about life and love and happiness and how I haven't written a thing in ages. And then I lapse into old bad habits such as watching recorded episodes of the Nanny (see posts from two years ago).

Speaking of two years ago...Two years ago today I was about to get on a plane to go to Provo where I would be in the MTC for nine--wait, thirteen--months and 18 months of adventures I never could've accepted.

Today I went shopping at outlets and to the pool and dinner at "the country club" (as I affectionately call the place my uncle plays golf) and then complained late into the night about how so much of society expects everything to work out for them without any work. Closest thing I'll ever get to living in a Hemingway novel. 

All I can think is how amazing it is that I live in a time where I can wear pants whenever I want...and that the pants I am currently wearing have all the comfort of leggings with the look of jeans in a nice grey wash. Something women couldn't have dreamed of 50 years ago. Comfort AND fashion...we are starting to understand. 

Besides stretchy pants and articles of clothing that come in grey there are many things that make me happy these days...

Oregon. Good donuts. Instagram photos, not because they're trendy or talented but because they're snapshots of life. Sweet and/or hilarious texts. Watching movies/television where people have giant cellphones. Rain. Kissing in the rain, because Hollywood has idealized it in our minds as the best thing ever. BFFs that really are forever. Thai food. Thai food leftovers. Soft sweatshirts.Your sweet, sweet loving. 

Listening to Beyonce and watching Gilmore Girls at the same time...too much?

No comments: