About the Blogger. Photography. Film Reviews. Contact Me.

Feb 22, 2012

girls just wanna have fun.

I remember when I first got into film I thought, if I could make music videos for the rest of my life I'd probably die happy...

Why do I love music videos so much? Because they are fun. We could all use a more fun in our life. Sometimes fun gets a bad rap because it keeps us from doing the things we are supposed to be doing. But I am here to tell you that you can find fun in everything you do even those things you are supposed to be doing.

Look at parents, they are supposed to be taking care of their kids. But who are the best parents? Ones that play with their kids. Why do I love some dentists/doctors/physical therapists/bank tellers/accountants more than others? Because some are personable and know how to be light-hearted and that makes people comfortable. It is a very important skill. 

Sometimes people look at me funny when I said my mission was really fun. It's not that I wasn't working hard, or having immense trials, or doing things that were harder than I had ever done in my life. It's that I learned to have real joy in the journey. I learned to be much more professional, but I also learned how to show people in the world that there is room to play in our lives. Most of all the our purpose in life is to have joy and experience happiness.

Like right now...I am about to go into surgery and instead of being scared (okay, I am a little scared, but only because my little brother asked if I was) I am looking forward to how hilarious I will be when I come out of it. And that I'll be allowed to...required to even wear sweatpants for about 2 weeks. (Minus when I am speaking in church, we'll see how that one goes, hopefully I won't be on too many painkillers by then).

I began typing up my last will & testament in case of incident as a hilarious joke.

Most of my friends are the artist type, filmmakers, animators, graffiti artists, interior designers, actors, musicians, etc. etc. And obviously we have fun with what we do, but I don't think it's that either, I think you can have fun being an accountant. I once dated someone who honestly loved Economics and while I was highly confused at first I began to see how beautiful it is that we all have something we love.

I love that it can be like, hey, what do we do on a rainy afternoon? I don't know, let's make a music video...
(this is one of the first things I made)


So, here's to fun!!


Maybe this next one wasn't fun for everyone involved.

And here's to living life the way you want to, always.
Though I am not condoning criminal acts. I do, however, plan on spray painting a train some day.


Side note: I have always LOVED this song, used to wake up to it every morning. And I cannot think of a better music video for it.
Also, one last fun thing I want to do this

No comments: