About the Blogger. Photography. Film Reviews. Contact Me.

Mar 9, 2010

Say what you will about Lauren Laws

I am steadily learning to stand up for myself. So here I go:

I've been criticized for being obsessed with love. Well, so what? There are much, much worse things to be obsessed with than something that brings joy to millions and is a great attribute to have.

So, I'll say it again. I love love. I think it's fascinating and important. We should love everyone and not be afraid of feelings because they make us humans and there is enough reservation and coldness in the world, as is. Yes, I would sort of like to be in love, but I am aware now is not the time for that in my life.

I'm also sick of people trying to tell me how I should feel about certain people. "So-and-so is manipulating you" "I feel like he's stringing you along." "What are you even getting out of your relationship with her?" I realize that sometimes people get into sketchy situations with their relationships with other people. But I'm not a child and I'm not a solely emotion-based female that can't see past the wiles of men. Oh, and maybe you have no idea what my relationships are with these people because you've never actually seen us together?

In short, I'm a big girl. I've learned a lot about people over the years. And even if I haven't, let me make my own mistakes. I know these people are friends who love me and are trying to look out for me, but it makes me feel like I'm some baby that can't make her own decisions and needs someone big and strong to protect her. Wrong.

I know some of this is my own fault, sometimes I complain about people and give off the wrong impression. And I'll try and be better about that, but I think we all complain about the people we love. I've been gradually repenting of my dislike for people and have come to see the good in everyone. I think we are too quick to judge. "I heard this one thing about this person so it must be true and they must ALWAYS be like that." Wrong. People change and people are misrepresented and people have off days.

We need to be gentle with one another. And we need to LOVE. Ha, I tied this post back in to the beginning.

5 comments:

redneckzilla said...

This is about you and Willem isn't it...

Candy Smith said...

I LOVE YOU.

though I do think you need to break up with Edward. He's cute and all, but I think he wants to eat your face.

Austin said...

AMEN SISTA-FRIEND.

I agree with this post whole-heartedly.

Matt Heder said...

you go girl!

ahlin said...

i lovvvvve. love.

and sometimes people laugh when i say that.

but it's true.