About the Blogger. Photography. Film Reviews. Contact Me.

Jul 5, 2009

and that's not fair!

I am not much into barbecues (I actually spelled the word wrong at first)
I don't love fireworks
and I can do without parades and other such things.

That being said, I love America.
I think you should love wherever you live and also work to make it better.

That being said, I spent all day selling Asian food. I worked from 8am-noon at our booth at the Freedom Festival* where we gave out samples of Bubble Tea and yelled at people to try our Red Curry Pulled Pork Sandwiches ("get your freedom sandwiches!" "God bless America and God bless these sandwiches!" "i have the right to choose, and i choose these sandwiches!
etc.) and then the dinner shift where we ate french toast and lava cake for dinner.

And even though I sat on the pavement watching fireworks (which were invented by the Chinese) it was great to be with friends and family...Which is what any holiday is really about, I think.

So I hope you all properly celebrated the day each year where we remember how we said "Scrooo you England." so many years ago.



*Apparently each forth of July Provo explodes and everyone comes out of hiding and camps out for almost 24 hours to see the parade and there is a fair type deal with food, rides, handicrafts, cooking shows etc.

No comments: