About the Blogger. Photography. Film Reviews. Contact Me.

Jun 26, 2009

chick flick

Today had every aspect of a romantic comedy.


1. Awkward moment

I bought significantly tall heels yesterday on clearance because I put them on and my legs looked way good. Well, Elizabeth and I were dressed up and then we went on campus so she could get some pens at the bookstore. I'm standing at a computer in the lab. when she goes, "that guy totally just checked you out, all the way down to your shoes" I start to feel way awkward (I guess I should have been flattered?) Then we go up the stairs and there is...hundreds of teenage boys lined up from the staircase to the bookstore. At least two hundred, no joke. Every boy at camp this week was just there with their counselors trying to herd them into a line. So already feeling awkward, we walk past them muttering, "don't make eye contact, don't make eye contact..."



2. Disappointment
We tried to go to the temple, but it's closed for maintenance until the 6th. Very, very sad.


3. Overcoming disappointment
Guru's was open, so we went there for breakfast instead.


4. Tragedy
Mel and E said goodbye to each other.
Michael Jackson is dead.


5. Quaint Workplace
A regular came in and remembered my name.
Co-worker wants to set me up with his friend.
"So, are you going to break up with your boyfriend?"
"No...?"
"I have a really great friend, he's going to be an architect, that's the hottest profession, I read it somewhere."


6. Spontaneous Celebration
We danced along to Michael Jackson music videos and fondly remembered him.


7. Scandal
We went for a midnight swim even though the pool "closes" at ten.


8. Mishaps
Our couch is more broken.
An umbrella almost flew away at work.
Almost choked to death on an Otter Pop.

9. Good Friends
I am just really lucky to have the friends I have.
Evann bought me a sweet ice cube tray where they are fish shapes
Lys, Kels, and I are now watching Whose Line...
And I love, love, loved spending the morning with E.



10. Hot Boyfriend

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

yesterday was such a fun day!

Jordan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jordan said...

Your life is more exciting than mine.

Let's fight.