About the Blogger. Photography. Film Reviews. Contact Me.

May 30, 2009

all you need is love

"True love can alter human lives and change human nature."
--President Thomas S. Monson

While recently I've been experiencing a more romantic type of love, that is not what this quote is referring to. We've got a responsibility to love the people around us. President Monson in a recent talk to the young women of the world said he wishes that we might have the courage it takes to not judge others.

And how easy is to reach out to someone and find out a little bit about them, make a new friend, etc. I've turned down opportunities for wonderful relationships just because I was preoccupied with myself. And I've also felt the blessings of being friends with people that I might not have thought twice about if we hadn't been randomly thrown together.

I'm made of atoms and you're made of atoms and we're all in this together.
--Ben Lee

Loving has never really been a problem for me. Sometimes I love too much and it causes me to get hurt/walked all over, blah blah blah. But I don't even care, because it's always better than getting offended or not letting people into your life because you're scared.


It's easy to get upset when someone doesn't put as much into a relationship as you do, or even intentionally hurts you. But it doesn't matter, because not forgiving them will only hurt the grudge-holder. And the power of forgiveness often strengthens your relationship to even more than it was before the offense.

Always love, hate will get you ever time.
--Nada Surf

so, sometimes i have opinions about things.

1 comment:

Keshia said...

that's an awesome quote by pres. monson! i never heard it before :) i share your opinion. it's better to love people. and i like that song by ben lee :)