About the Blogger. Photography. Film Reviews. Contact Me.

Feb 16, 2009

livin' la vida loca

Slept for hours and am now feeling loads better. I hope the good feeling lasts.


So, Mexico.... :)


Left from the Wal-Mart parking lot at around 5am. Brooke, Cait, and I were in the back and fell asleep for a good five hours. Which we never heard the end of from the two in the front.


I couldn't have picked better people to be in a car with. Chris was on his 13th trip with Kaiizen to Mexico and knew everything about everything. Ellen was friendly and hilarious and liked cuddling. And I adore Brooke and Cait. We bonded quickly by all sharing our love lives and about our families.


Once in Mexico we ate at an excellent taco shop. This crazy guy decided for some reason that he was going to annoy me as much as possible, and kept tapping me on the opposite shoulder (because that never gets old). Also ate a bite of a raw cactus. We spent the night on the beach under the stars...and froze most of the night.

Day 2 - We "roll out" and hit up a school near the orphanage. It was mass chaos at first (and, well the whole time mostly). We all got swarmed by children. Seven boys would all attack one guy and try and knock him over.

They had us teach the classes and our group was over 2nd and 3rd grade. We wrote a story about a Super Vampiro who fell in love with a girl and had a blue car. Then we drew pictures.

I made friends with a boy named Jarome, he spoke perfect English because his "dad is a gringo". He was really good at drawing squids.

After that we had a carnival of sorts and there was face painting, sidewalk chalk, sack races, etc. etc. More chaos and running around, just the kind of thing I love.

I kept speaking a strange mix of Spanish and Italian with an English accent and the kids just gave me funny looks.

to be continued...

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

Sounds amazing! I'm so glad you're feeling better too!

Lindsey said...

:) your pictures are pretty awesome..kinda makes me wish I went to BYU...but there is a chance I may go to thailand!and help elephants!..ooo I hope.

E. said...

Huzzah! You are back, and alive. Life just got a lot happier.

Jordan said...

CONTINUE CONTINUE CONTINUE!!!

(also, my word verification this time is "fomegomi" - which leaves me mysteriously delighted)