About the Blogger. Photography. Film Reviews. Contact Me.

Jan 7, 2009

camp fun and games

This, Iz, is what I was typing away at last night:

a line of a song.
granted i'm transcribing them so they may all be wrong
if you can guess the song/artist (without outside assistance) i'll marry you.
in fact, if anyone got more than ten i'd be impressed.

1. elvis presley, disneyland

2. here on these cliffs of dover, so high you can't see over and while your head is spinning hold tight it's just begining

3. look at me mister, i'm a star. i'm on the move (yeah!) i'm getting on(oooo), i'm breaking out (ahh) and it won't take long! behind the wheel (yeah). got a song (ooooo). pedals down (ahhh). and i'm gone.

4. all things go, all things go

5. you're made of atoms and i'm made of atoms and we're all in this together

6. bottle's breaking on my face are only your reminder of your love I lost a lifetime ago. Was I dreaming when I met you I don't know.

7. good morning son i am a bird wearing a brown polyester shirt

8. threw away your greatest hits you left them here the day you split a bass guitar and [something] cd well they don't mean that much to me right now.

9. tell me you had bad dreams last night, 'cause you were rolling in your sleep. tell me you hate those bright street lights.

10. go away from my window, leave at your own chosen speed. i'm not the one you want, babe, i'm not the one you need.

11. there was a certain man, in Russia long ago, he was big and strong in his eyes a flaming glow

12. woke up at 8 and started a fire, had a few drinks we all felt inspired, jumped in the stream with shoes and canteens, the water was bitter cold

13. come sit next to me, pour yourself some tea, just like grandma made

14. no! 2-4-6-0-1!!

15. the music's too loud and the noise from the crowd increases the chance of misinterpretation, so let your hips do the talking

16. i wasn't jealous before we met, now everyone i see is a potential threat. and i'm possessive it isn't nice. you've heard me saying that smoking was my only vice, but now it isn't true. now everything is new.

17. That brontasaurus must have stood a thousand miles high, the brontasaurus laying on his side up in the sky

18. but if there's a glitch, you're an ostrich, you've got your head in the ground

19. you don't look so good today, you've got something stuck on your face, it looks like it sucks, what could it be? is it a leech? is it the giant squid? because it's wrapped around you pretty tight. oh wait, it's a girl.

20. I grabbed some frozen strawberries, so I could ice your bruising knees, but frozen things, they all unfreeze and now i taste like...

21. all along the western front, people line up to receive, she got the power in her hands, to shock you like you won't believe

22. brown paper, white paper, stick it together with tape, the tape of love (it's sticky stuff)

23. my apologies dear, for all my mistakes, and i'm sure to make more. beacause i forget to enjoy the sunsets of time and the flowers of spring

24. i've given you sunlight, i've given you dirt. you've given me nothing...but heartache and hurt

25. for someone half of smart, you'd be a work of art

26. he grew a beard as soon as he could to cover the scars on his face, and always led his men on

27. i thought i was a fool for no one, but oh baby i'm a fool for you, you got me under false pretenses

28. dad, dad, how did you let that man, push you around like that? you should've beat him down, down to the ground.

29. when i was a lad i ate four dozen eggs every morning to help me get large, and now that i'm grown i eat five dozen eggs, so i'm roughly the size of a barge

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

16 LAY ALL YOUR LOVE ON ME!

25. Baby Britain

Anonymous said...

Abba
Elliot Smith