About the Blogger. Photography. Film Reviews. Contact Me.

Jan 13, 2009

My Ridiculous Life, Part II

FHE activity involved eating pizza and watching people do toe touches (don't ask).
Afterwards headed out to watch LOTR FOTR EE, when a thought goes through my head, "you should take you keys." Naw, my roommates won't go to bed that early and the door is always unlocked.

Brief Lord of the Rings acknowledgement. It is the perfect example of what a film should be. Gorgeous shots, talented acting, genuine props, and the script...There are some amazing lines in there. For starters, everything that comes out of Gandalf's mouth. And of course I've watched behind the scenes and listened to commentaries and you know that everyone, especially Peter Jackson, was committed to this film and gave it there all. And that's the key to a good film.

Afterwards, I go bounding (because my new yellow/blue Roos have a springy coushin) up the stairs and over to my apartment throw myself into the door... Doesn't open. Lights are all off.

Spent the night curled up in the igloo made on the basketball court.

Kidding, Julia came back and rescued me and we had another sleepover.

Arrive home at 8am. Go to film syllabus to see what the reading for the day is. See: ASSESSMENT PAPER DUE think: aw man, seriously? Type out a little over three pages in the hour, brush teeth, run to print off the paper and get to class just as the prayer is about to be said. Didn't have time to do the reading and tried to fudge answers to the reading quiz. Feel like a film failure. Sigh.

After Machiavelli Paper Fiasco you'd think I'd learn to look at my syllabus.

Lessons Learned:
Always take the keys
Read the syllabus more than an hour ahead of time
Follow the teachings of Gandalf

This week is kicking my bum and it's only noon on Tuesday.
I need a hug.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Here's hug :O)from you friendly neigborhood tiger.(Just pretend you're the one with the golden locks...hehe...)
http://www.inspirationline.com/images/babyTiger.jpg

Jordan said...

I feel your pain. It's Wednesday night, and I'm trying to decide which of my classes I can afford to fail.