About the Blogger. Photography. Film Reviews. Contact Me.

Aug 2, 2008

you know i'm such a fool for you

So, I am not a huge fan of Chick Flicks but I have to say there is something warm and fuzzy about the warm and fuzzy feeling you can get whilst watching some of them. So, I am making the list of acceptable romantic comedies, in no particular order.

Music and Lyrics
Hugh Grant dances to 80s pop songs and is incredibly witty. That's about all I need.

Penelope
Girl with pig nose goes out and finds herself instead of just falling for a handsome suitor. Very refreshing.

Enchanted
I love that Disney was making fun of itself. Great music and great acting on Katy the Purse Girl's part. Plus, it makes you believe in true love.

Lady and the Tramp
There is nothing more romantic and comedic than eating the same piece of spaghetti while being serenaded by two Italian men

Also, Dan in Real Life, because Steve Carell can be my heart throb any day. Especially if he sings and plays guitar. And the soundtrack is kick a.

I have noticed, however, that chick flick watching is much less satisfying when you remember that you are very much single and terribly terribly alone in the world of romance. And everyone else around you has love nearby and won't hang out with you until 11 because they're with their boyfriend (not bitter). .

No comments: