About the Blogger. Photography. Film Reviews. Contact Me.

Aug 27, 2008

and i missss you.

Today I was pleased because the song I wanted to listen to began playing when my mum and I walked into the D.I. in Portland. I hadn't had time to put in on my iPod for the trip up.

Got some new clothes-ies for Italia.

Have I mentioned I think Good-byes are completely ridiculous? Because everyone makes it seem like it's goodbye forever, but it NEVER is. And even if it is, why is there a need for a tearful goodbye, when you can be like, "Hey, I love you, good luck, and see you later." Hug. Go your separate ways. Far too often good-byes are timely and overly formal affairs that make you think way too hard about why you're going to miss this person and really just makes it harder on everyone.

Not to mention going somewhere is hard enough without having to say goodbye to everyone. You have to schedule it in amongst washing your clothes, packing, and buying tolietries.

And there are people you haven't seen for ages while being in the same place, but now that actual leaving is happening suddenly a panic arises and you have to schedule them in.

The fact that we're all leaving just means we'll have more to talk about when we get back.

But reading back over this I sound really bitter.

I do like people, really.

2 comments:

Meg said...

my friend, i'm not going to cry because i miss you. i'm going to cry because you're leaving me all alone. duh. come on, you didn't really think you were that important to me, did you?

Katelyn Marie said...

hahha I couldn't agree more with this post. I'm so creepy that I found this blog from your other blog. I must stalk you. But seriously, I had no idea who was writing this and I read that grass thing and it was so hilarious and I was like "i like this girl" and then it said "love l. laws" and I was like... this is weird... I must really love Lauren, because before I knew the blog was yours, I felt intrinsically connected to whomever the blogger was (ie. you!). WOW!!!!!