About the Blogger. Photography. Film Reviews. Contact Me.

Jun 22, 2008

but you were always right beside me.

Jackson's farewell/open house was today.
He's the first from Salem to leave for his mission out of our age group.
It's not really sad, but it is kind of strange to see him go. We always had ridiculously long conversations in person or over the phone when we left for college (which behind his back has been affectionately called Jacksversations). He is one of those people who knows (or at least acts like he knows) me better than I know myself. And it's nice to have people like that around sometimes, to explain yourself to you when you get confused. He also just made fun of me a lot, which I think was good for me too.
He had some crazy uncle-like figure come up to us and be like "who is the doll?" and I think we should all talk like we belong in the 20s.
But he'll be an absolutely fabulous missionary and will serve the people of Bolivia brilliantly. So I'm not worried about him. I also feel like we can comfortably continue our relationship through letters.

Made this: http://www.43things.com/person/lawsren

My body is malfunctioning.
Tomorrow is the first day of camp and I'm to be up with the sun. Ugh.

No comments: