About the Blogger. Photography. Film Reviews. Contact Me.

May 22, 2008

one day more...

I'm not going to lie...I really like to watch myself type. I have had a blog in some form since I was in 6th grade...That's right, I'm a pro. All those ones were semi-secret though. Because when you're in sixth grade you obviously have a lot of secrets, right? Anyway, I've been through pitas.com and livejournal and a few others in that neighborhood but it seems like blogspot is what all the big kids are into. Maybe I was inspired to start this new thing because I am watching Princess DIARIES (thanks to the power of DVR*). And she has a magical (not really magical...I just threw that in for effect) diary that opens when you push a necklace into it..kind of cheesy. But that is why we love Disney right? Also she has a cat and all I can think about is the use of Soviet Montage editing that shows the blank face of the cat but depending on what shots are around it the cat seems to have quite the expressive face.

I like this font, it's called trebuchet...Like the ancient catapult that has a counterweight that swings around for maximum launching distance. They are featured in Lord of the Rings (the second one I believe) and The Chornicals of Narnia: Prince Caspian. Also featured in the movie Trebuchet of Death 2004... Anyway, for whatever reason I really enjoy incredibly minute (as in minute not minute) text. I think there is something elegant about tiny text. However, I write small and in high school some woman who was supposed to help us with our careers or something told me it lacked depth. In my head I said, "I'll give your face some depth...With my FIST!" Sometimes I wish the running commentary in my head actually came out my mouth, but I guess that would have been a bit of an overreaction to what was supposed to be constructive criticism.
So I like cheese pizza with pineapple. Just pineapple. There. I said it. Sometimes pineapple and artichoke hearts. I'm dead serious.

*Can I just say DVR is the best invention ever, probably. I am a bit obsessed with going through the tv guide and recording movies. However, our cable is incomplete as we do not have AMC or animal planet... I can't watch Groomer Has It!!!

P.S. For once in my life I would like to see a teen movie where she doesn't end up with the guy. Something realistic maybe. I mean, not realistic to my life..But most people's. ;)

Lastly, my birthday is tomorrow and I am turning 19...Which is the one age I don't feel. I feel more like a 17 year old or a 22 year old. Evann and Angela are going to take me out to breakfast which I think is really cute.
I use the word cute a lot...

No comments: